Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Have a little Fun today!

So after checking my computer hourly everyday for three weeks straight for Ellen's 12 Days of Giveaways tickets, we got standby for Tuesday. I was a little disappointed and didn't even think it was worth going. But last weekend Sarah and I decided that it was worth a try. We drove to my Mom's house on Monday night so that she could watch Sawyer while we went. Tuesday morning we woke up at 4:15am, got somewhat ready and drove to LA. I was hoping that no one else would want to wake up that early and that we could be the first in line. I was definitely wrong. There was already a massive line on the street, people in sleeping bags with big puffy coats and some major bed head. The first couple people in line had been there since 8pm the night before. After waiting a couple of hours in the freezing cold we got numbers 29 and 30 in the standby line. Ashly Lark and her sister were right behind us so that made it a little more fun. The Lark's aunt works at the WB studios so while we were waiting for the show we got to take a behind the scenes tour of everything, which was almost the highlight of my day. Then after an 11 o'clock lunch, which anyone who knows me knows I am weird about eating anything that could be considered lunch before noon, we went back to the studio and nervously waited to see if we would get in. I seriously felt sick to my stomach and was cold, but sweating. And, after all that anticipation...we didn't get in. It was so sad to hear the start of the show and be sitting in the back watching it on a tv, not dancing with ellen herself. We did get all of the prizes though which consisted of $100 amex giftcard, a pair of Karl Lagerfeld sunglasses, a $400 pearl necklace which will now be on sale at Homec Jewelers, a nice watch, and a wave board. All in all it was a very fun, but long day. 6 hours in the car and a lot of waiting. I brought my camera to document it all, but the battery died when we tried to take our first picture. Wish me luck for next year. I'm 2 for 2!

6 comments:

Kristy Martin said...

That stinks! You had me though, I thought you were going to say you made it! I was glad to hear you still got the gifts!!

kim huish said...

How lucky! You have gotten to go twice. I wish I could have been there. Maybe next year...

Lillie said...

You didn't tell me the part where your camera died so you didn't even get a picture! Bummer. You totally deserved the gifts-- you worked hard!

camille said...

How cool! Can I be in on that next year? I will do whatever it takes. You are the luckiest girl!!!

Ashly said...

hopefully next year we get real tickets so we dont have to have sweaty palms and nerves all day!

Unknown said...

I am such a fan of Ellen! That's cool you got all the prizes even though you weren't in the audience.
Wish we could be closer to the fam this Christmas:( Hopefully next year though!