Sunday, October 31, 2010

halloween


We had our ward trunk or treat last night, and we did a little trick or treating tonight, so we really feel like we got our fill of costumes and candy. Although... I do have to admit I was sad that Sawyer didn't get a single snickers for me to steal.
Sawyer dressed up like a cowboy. He decided this months ago, and has been wearing his costume almost everyday since we bought it in August. This was the first time for the mustache though, so I guess it made it a little more real.
Magnolia was a black cat. Her little beanie was my favorite part of the costume, but you can't see it too well in the pictures.

Lee Ann and Charles have made it a tradition to come out for the weekend to see the kids trick or treat and to celebrate Sawyers birthday, so they joined us for our ward party.

I wanted something for dessert tonight that would feel a little holidayish, but Tyson is not a big pumpkin fan, so I decided to try this recipe I found for a chocolate cake with and oreo buttercream frosting. I dyed the frosting orange, and used halloween oreos too. It was so yummy!

1 comment: