Am I allowed to say that this was my first real camping experience even if we didn't spend the night? I guess I am at least half way there, especially when we had every intention of spending the night until we found out that no one we knew had a tent for us to borrow, and lets be honest that would not have been an investment for me. So without a tent, or even our own set of chairs, we stopped for a fast food dinner and went up the windy mountain to Hurkey Creek. Once we were through the windy part of the drive I was in heaven. I watched the temperature gage drop in my car and couldn't have been more excited to actually feel cold...and to wear my juicy suit in June. Was this a meant to be a secret that we live less than an hour from cold?We got there with a perfect amount of light to enjoy the scenery, and spend a little bit of time chatting. Then of course were the smores, one of the reasons we were there, and a great spiritual thought. We almost for a minute regretted not being able to stay and spend the night, but then quickly changed our minds as we watched Ross setting up his tent for what felt like hours. Then of course there were our own warm beds and showers to come home to at just the right time. Maybe one day we will attempt the actual "camping", after a great and short first experience.
3 comments:
Does Wyoming not count?
That looks like fun. I'm glad you are getting closer to actually "camping".
I'm telling Ross you ripped him.
Post a Comment