Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Family weekend

We had a great family weekend, minus Tyson, last weekend at my parents. All of my siblings got to see Lola for the first time, and I got to see Benton as a teenager for the first time. Really though...I can't believe how much he has changes since I saw him over Christmas.
We only had Saturday and Sunday together so one day we spent mostly out by the pool lounging and talking. The weather was absolutely perfect! Too bad I had only packed jeans and sweaters because I didn't get the memo about nice weather. Luckily my cousin Molly was there to loan me a pair of shorts to wear. Weird...I couldn't fit into my Moms or Ali's. That night we went to dinner and then came back and hung out. Abby, Collins old girlfriend, came down to visit on Saturday night which was such a sweet treat! I love her so much, and she has always fit right in with our family. It was fun to hear her adventures working at the W Hotel in Hollywood with all the stars...I love those kind of stories!
collins and I got matching sweatshirts at the Gap

Sawyer had a bath buddy for the first time.

Sunday was Magnolia's first time to church. It was fun to finally get her dressed up, even though she slept through it all and never got out of her car seat. Then we headed home after dinner. I love these weekends, I just wish Tyler didn't have surgery til late on Friday night and that I had a husband ever once in a while.

we wanted to get a picture of Benton and Magnolia together, and then RUDE...Benton pulled Lola's flower over her eyes!

5 comments:

Laura Ek said...

K, is it just me or does Lola have the makings of red hair and blue eyes??!!? I love it!!!

D3AB said...

I haven't seen your bangs! Love them. It looks like a fun weekend. I like Sawyer's hair cut, I noticed today at school.

Steve and Katie Hoffman said...

love this post!!!! a few thoughts....

-i miss kim. love her!
-your bangs couldn't be cuter. great move.
-abby?? what? can they please just get married? she looks amazing!
-benton does look like a teenager, and sawyer even older.
-and lastly, i agree with lara. can magnolia please be a red head with blue eyes? my dream!!

i miss you. sorry i didn't call you back yesterday. i am lame.

ily.

nicole said...

great post.

i need to meet miss magnolia next time you are in town! i am dying over her.

you look great of course. and i was rolling over the comment about fitting in your mom or ali's shorts.

kim huish said...

Oh that was just a wonderful weekend! And thank you to Katie for missing me. I miss you too.