Rachelle came down from Arizona for the weekend to celebrate our birthdays, which are the same day. We decided to get away, sort of, and stay in Palm Springs. It was fun to feel like we were somewhere completely different even though I am usually right there a few times a week.
We spent most of our time lounging at the pool, talking, laughing, and eating yummy food. It amazing how just 2 days away can really make me feel refreshed and I can enjoy being a mother so much more. Of course I love my kids...
Rachelle loves Norma's at the Parker Hotel, so we went there for breakfast one morning. I am not normally a breakfast eater so it was a little hard to justify a 30 dollar crepe and diet coke, but the ambiance was so cute, and the food really was amazing. They started us with a little shot of a strawberry-lemonade smoothie that was to die for!
We also met a couple at the pool who were swingers. That made for a very interesting and informative afternoon. I can honestly say that those last few hours at the pool when I was dripping sweat and burning a little, went quicker than most.
Oh, how I love a little girl time away!
4 comments:
Looks like fun! I'm totally inspired...
You all look fantastic. What beautiful ladies. No wonder the swingers wanted a hook up :).
what a fun weekend!
I missed you guys even on the ride home...and to be honest, it took me a few days to shake the reality that I'm not there with you guys for the simple, day to day goings on. Love love you guys!
When you go back to Matchbox...you will have to eat some of those yummy pizzas for me!
Great food, great company, great times!
Post a Comment