Wednesday, September 22, 2010

happy FALL

I am loving that today is the first day of Fall. We are supposed to be only 95 degrees, so I am already planning for soup tonight for dinner. Maybe that sounds a little crazy, but 95 is so much cooler than the 104 we were a few days ago. I always thought of myself as someone who loves desert and heat, but being a desert liver now for almost 5 years I have decided I need more season in my life. For now I guess that will just mean trips to my parents, and hopefully one day we can live somewhere where the first day of Fall actually means something!

Here are some of my favorite reasons for FALL:

  • Pumpkin. I'm talking the actual ones that we carve, anything that we can eat, and definitely a scented candle burning in my house.
  • Jeans and Sweaters. This is probably more of a winter weather thing for me, but Fall still makes me think of it. I just want to bundle up and pretend that you have no idea how much weight is hiding underneath.
  • Holidays. I love to decorate for them. I think that I enjoy it more than the actual holiday, and Halloween seems to be my favorite for decorations. I do also love being together with the fam for the holidays too.
  • Food. Isn't all the best food when it starts to cool down? Not the best for you, but it sure tastes the yummiest. I can't wait for soups in bread bowls, crock pot dinners, and all the comfort dinners. And then there is the desserts... I could go on and on.
  • Football. Its not that I necessarily like the sport that much, but seeing it takes me back to the beginning of school years which I always loved. Especially in Provo.
  • Cold. Like I said before I may not really experience this like some, but at least we get to start going to the park again in the afternoons, and playing outside. I guess I could consider it more cool than cold.
  • Juicy Suits. I know I already mentioned clothes, but there is nothing like a warm, bundley (not a real word), comfy outfit to wear day and night.
Yay!!! I love today.

2 comments:

Shea said...

Fall is my most favorite too! I have my pumpkin candle burning now:) I should make some of my pumpkin cake and bring you some:) soon!

Monica said...

Fall always makes me think of you -- pumpkin treats and candles, etc. ... Happy Fall!