Thursday, March 26, 2009

All Dogs go to Heaven


So after being the devoted Dog that Riley was for fourteen human years, my parents had to put him to sleep yesterday. Although I didn't really think that it would be something emotional for me considering I am not much of an animal lover, I am sad to know that he will no longer be keeping my parents company on a daily basis, nor me on my frequent visits. We definitely owe thanks to Ali, I don't know if she hadn't prayed for a dog every night if we would have ever even gotten Riley at all. My Dad definitely had a love for Riley, always making sure he was in our family pictures, and I am grateful for his loud barking when someone tried to steal Meiken's car from in front of our house. Riley...you will be missed in the Huish household.

4 comments:

Laura Ek said...

So sad!! I remember when i first met him because he had red hair like your family! :) He fit right in!

TnD said...

He's Gorgeous. With that old man face. I am sure someone is waiting for him in heaven.

Meiken said...

Oh no! So sad for your parents. I am not much a dog lover either, but I owe us catching Tina Reed to Riley. RIP :(.

kate said...

so sorry to hear about Riley.