I have always had this dream of having my own cute little bakery, but realistically knowing that owning a jewelery business is enough work in itself, and I think Tyson's dreams of work are a little more important than mine. Well, I just got a job baking all of the desserts for a darling little restaurant/cafe in Palm Springs called Jake's Ready to Eat. I am so excited because I feel like this is a job without being a job, and I can do it with Sawyer napping right along side of me. If you are ever in the mood for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or any other sweet treat you'll know where I think you should indulge. I sure hope they like my baking!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
my life long dream
I have always had this dream of having my own cute little bakery, but realistically knowing that owning a jewelery business is enough work in itself, and I think Tyson's dreams of work are a little more important than mine. Well, I just got a job baking all of the desserts for a darling little restaurant/cafe in Palm Springs called Jake's Ready to Eat. I am so excited because I feel like this is a job without being a job, and I can do it with Sawyer napping right along side of me. If you are ever in the mood for cakes, cupcakes, cookies, or any other sweet treat you'll know where I think you should indulge. I sure hope they like my baking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Yay!!!!! I was wondering how it all turned out. I am so excited for you. I can't wait to taste all of the fun things you will get to make. What a perfect job.
that is perfect for you. I miss swapping recipes with you at work :)
Wow, you can actually do that? That's pretty cool. What a great job to have.
First of all, that cupcake look divine! And best of all, congrats on your new and fun job! That's really exciting:) go you!
That is so wonderful. Congratulations. Sounds like we need to do some recipe swapping. Nothing like good sweets. I wish I were closer to palm springs!
so excited for you!
Amazing, Brooke! Could that be more perfect for you?! I'm thinking of all your yummy creations you came up with at Ricks ... "Colada Cabana," the Snickers cake, yum, yum, yum! Perfect "job" -- good for you!
How fun! I wish I could be a taste tester for you! good luck with it!
Congratulations! Where is this place? I'll have to look it up sometime when I go out to David's work! Very cool! I didn't realize you were so into baking... maybe if I actually visited you once in a while, I might know that about you by now. Good luck, and that cake looks super yummy!
Congrats! That is great news!!! I always new you were the real Marie or maybe it was Betty! :)
that is "knew" and not "new". Can you tell I have been moving all week?
Hey, just make sure you are all better before you go knee deep in cake batter -okay! No just kidding, that is awesome!
I feel like I want to put this on MY blog, I'm so excited. You'd think I got the job. :)
But I'm secretly a little concerned that you're going to be all baked out and my job as neighbor is going to be useless. (The one where I get treats delivered to my door all the time.)
are you sure you wouldn't rather work for taco bell? then you could get free food, rather than trying to convince the drive thru guy to give it to you for free at closing time!
How awesome is that!! Can I take some lessons from you sometime? You are going to be a pro!!
Good for you! So does that mean you can do all the baking at home? Are you aloud to divulge the recipes? How Fun!
Post a Comment