Thursday, July 8, 2010

America the Beautiful


I have such good memories of the fourth of July. I wouldn't say that its my favorite, because I just love Christmas too much, but there are yearly traditions that make it great none the less.

Katie and I met on the 4th of July 26 years ago. She was swimming at Aunt Carolyns house and I walked in on her going to the bathroom. That really helped make us comfortable quick, and we have been best friends ever since.
Growing up I have memories of the 4th spent with the Garlocks. I can picture Summer and I wearing matching outfits at out cabin in Lake Arrowhead, singing America songs and being the obnoxious and funny kids (or maybe we were even teenagers?) that we were.
Now we spend our 4th every year at the beach house watching the fireworks from Dana Point and San Clemente. Eating smores. Having fun. I guess no matter what... I love having a day where I know I will always celebrate with my family.

this year we had a BBQ at my parents and then headed down to the beach

On a side note Sawyers newest obsession is Karate Kid. When I told him that Tyler was karate kid for Halloween many a years back, and that my Mom had the costume that she had made, he was so excited to get to Nana's. He wore it every morning until we made him get dressed in real clothes to go out and do things. His new favorite phrase is... wax on, wax off.

1 comment:

Marcina said...

Hi! I found your cute blog today trough a friend. What a cute family you have :)